Jun 30, 2010

Quick Note from Bamberg

Well, I've been so busy napping at the pool and wolfing down piles of sausages that I didn't get around to writing a long post... so that will have to wait until tomorrow's five hour train ride back to Holzminden. In the meantime, here are a few photos I snapped during my first week in Germany.


The sunset over a wheat field in Schleswig-Holstein:

Cycling along the Elbe with some friendly German sheep:

Having my pedals repaired in Verden required sawing into my metal shoe cleat. Note the sparks flying everwhere (barely visible in this small photo). A very creative solution to a tough problem (the details of which would bore almost anyone but the most dedicated cyclist to tears...).


More wheat fields, this time in Westphalia:
One of the reasons I move slowly during the day is that it takes me forever to figure out signs like this one. Even small German towns are hubs for dozens of regional, national, and international cycling routes. Amazing!

The Wiser River, my companion for about 400km.

Well, that'll have to be all for now. Until tomorrow, then!

-Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment