This trip has so far been based on one essential item. Chocolate. There are, of course, minor necessities like pedaling, sleep, and having a working bicycle. But those all serve the larger purposes of getting us to, and preparing us for eating, the chocolate. At the end of a grueling day of cycling, there is simply nothing we want to do more than sit on a warf, watch the sky turn pink with the setting sun, and feel squares of chocolate melt in our mouths. It has become a nightly ritual - a means of relaxing, bonding, and congratulating ourselves on a job well done. Some of our tens of readers may remark, "hey, Joe's posts are all about sugary stuff." I don't care. Because baby (chocolate), you are all I think about. In the middle of a forty minute climb over a fjord, the thought of a delicious chocolate bar is the only thing that keeps my legs moving to the top of the hill and the town beyond. Ben and I have just finished gorging ourselves on a massive bar of Fruknott (full of dried fruits and peanuts), Smil (a.k.a. Rollos) and a coconut bar. Dad, you will be happy to know they are all Kraft products. We feel a little queasy, but oh so satisfied. And we are already excited to do it again tomorrow.
- Joe
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You mean all these years we have worried about "Joe's meals" and we just had to go to Kraft's company store?! I'll be sure to get some bacon chocolate for Wyoming. Thank you both for entertaining us with your adventures! Joe, Julia actually said that she would like to go on a bike trip in Norway. Yes, Julia! Our couch potato! I think she has been inspired by the meals of Nutella!
ReplyDelete